Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Nearly there...


I've been practicing for a "certificate" with Simon Powis' online Classical Guitar Academy, so haven't had a lot of new stuff to post recently.  Taking a semester off orchestra, not learned any new pieces- this is getting to be a lot like work!  However I am spending more time with the video as I find it very useful to see what I sound like (as opposed to what I think I sound like).  Maybe one day the 2 will sync up!  So although I have a bunch of "so-so" takes of the overall performance, I haven't really got one I'm happy with yet.  However I am getting better at those D# slurs in Adelita, so in celebration I'm posting a practice video of that piece - see below - then the secret will be to actually nail them when it counts!
Oh and here is all the stuff that has been on hold while I have been working at the certificate pieces
Figure out CG arrangement for duet with electric bass:  "fly me to the moon"
Duet with CG partner:     "Sicilienne" - Faure
Figure out accompaniment to my singer songwriter friend's latest song so we can play it at local club
Pagina de Radio - Pujol
Promise - Joanne Bloor
Wild Mountain Thyme - trad arranged by Scott Tennant
And there are others..... 

https://youtu.be/DbKKZztwH3Y


No comments:

Post a Comment