Popular Posts

Friday, November 10, 2017

Am I my own worst enemy? I need self-control!

Go slow.  Don't run before you can walk.  Make sure it's solid before you speed it up.  I know this.  I should do anyway -I've just spent 2 weeks playing a fast piece unbelievably slowly.  And I proved to myself that it works.  Not only did I get to know the piece really well,  I could play it consistently at a slow pace.  So why then, instead of working the tempo back up in slow careful stages, did I speed it up unbelievably fast?   Duh.  Now it's back to making mistakes again😕  I don't honestly know why I think to myself "this is really going well, let's see how much better it sounds when played a lot faster."  Or even more idiotic, "I made a couple of mistakes, let's see if they disappear if I double the speed."  Honestly I really am my own worst enemy.

Thankfully I'm using the super slow method on a second piece, also with a big improvement in consistency.  This time I've been more careful about increasing the tempo slowly. So far so good.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can keep myself under control😂

In the meantime: for the Carcassi - it's back to v-e-r-y s-l-o-w.


3 comments:

  1. Stop it!
    Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete