Popular Posts

Thursday, December 22, 2016

New Year's Resolutions...

Well there are few days to go yet, but it's definitely time to start thinking about New Year's Resolutions for my guitar journey..

So here are some of the things I ought to do if I want to improve my guitar playing, and things I want to do to use the music to help.  In the time-honored spirit of New Year's Resolutions I'll make a bunch in the hope that some will stick!

1) Use the recording button on the phone... a LOT more - even once a day?
2) Stop trekking through the whole piece - instead work on small bits that need work.
3) Set small goals for each practice
4) Practice performing, even if it's humiliating (actually it's almost always humiliating - get used to it!)
5) When goal-oriented practice is too depressing, don't give up - instead set the timer and use it.
6) Learn a duet piece and perform it (with my fellow orchestra delinquent)
7) Practice sight reading every day
8) Create benchmarks to convince myself I'm making progress - recordings, achievements, etc.
9) Learn a new piece to retain and play every 3 months.
10) Start playing at the nursing home again.


No comments:

Post a Comment